Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring, Spring, Spring

One of my all time favorite musicals is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I love everything about it, even the cheap old school affects and backdrops LOL. But most of all I love the songs. I am a sucker for musicals and well just music in general. And my favorite song in this movie has been in my head for weeks now, Spring, Spring, Spring (song below).

Being a Wisconsinite, we are no strangers to snow and as I posted a few months ago, I was super excited for the first snowfall of the year and how magical and awesome it was. I stick by that post, however after the long winter I am now happy to welcome spring back.

The robins are out and even though I can't hear them, seeing them brings a smile to my face, brightens my mood and boosts my energy. My little low rider (dachshunds aka wiener dogs) are also excited for this season change as they once again have a yard to run and play in that is not covered in 10 inches of snow, which when your belly is only 6 inches off the ground, that matters.

This is a time for new beginnings and rebirth. I don't think it is a coincidence that Easter is near the beginning of Spring. And yes I know that it is winter in some parts of the world, but for us here in the States, the time is ironic. Easter is when Jesus rose from the dead, was resurrected and started a new life in Heaven. It is also what makes it possible for us to rise from the death of sin and begin a new life in Christ, reborn. This coincides with the life that comes with spring as well. The snow melts, the frozen ground begins to thaw and the dead grass starts to grow again. The animals awaken from hibernation and emerge from their homes (tombs) to start fresh and soon babies are born everywhere. Spring is the season of living and life in my opinion.

This blog is no different. With the Christmas to Easter adventure over, my blog is now coming out of hibernation and I am starting new again, with a new look and a new outlook. Spring is here, praise God for all that it entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment