Friday, April 12, 2013

Bravo Zulu to me... :)

Spring semester is finally over! I am going to school to become a Veterinary Technician and I had no idea how much work they really do. I was blown away at the amount of material I have to read and the intense school work. Because of my hearing loss, I am taking online courses, however starting in the fall I will have clinical hours done at a veterinary office as well. Most people think of online classes as easier but let me tell you first hand, at least in this program, it is not. I attended a regular college for 2 years and my workload was nothing compared to the last 12 weeks. Thankfully, I am determined and excited to learn and do my best. I worked my tail off the last 3 months and it has shown. I am pretty darn pleased with my grades and I hope that I can continue doing this well over the next 2 years.

It is a great feeling knowing I did a great job this last semester and that I don't have anymore deadlines, assignments, quizzes, exams and 100s of pages to read for a while. I am relaxing and enjoying my time off until May 20th. Well, actually most of it will be spent recovering from knee surgery that is in 2 weeks, which I am so glad is finally here but that is for another post. Thank you for listening to me brag a little as I patted myself on the back and gave myself a big Bravo Zulu, something I know that I don't do nearly enough... hardly ever in fact. But today I am proud of myself and I think I should be. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment