Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My new blank slate...

So I am starting a new blog today. I've had them in the past but this one is a brand new slate. There is no theme to this blog, no topic, no agenda, nothing, just whatever I feel at the moment. It is a blank page to be filled with my thoughts, ideas, hopes, desires, dreams, poems, etc... I am starting a new chapter in my life right now and I figure I should start from scratch here as well.

As I sit here and wonder where to begin on this new blog of mine, a thought comes to mind. My brand new slate is similar to the one Jesus gives us when we accept Him into our heart. Our past sins and life are washed away clean and forgiven and we are given a new body, a new life in which to live for Him. And this ultimate forgiveness is not just a one-time occurrence either, it happens daily. Our Lord is constantly forgiving us and wiping our slate clean. He throws all of my sins away and by His mercy and love He gives me another chance. 

I don't know about you, but I have been given more chances than I can ever begin to count, and I know that there will be countless more to come as well. I tend to take these chances for granted all the time and instead of being grateful for what the Lord has given me, I complain to Him that the things in my life are not going as I planned. 

God still listens though, He still forgives me, and most of all He still loves me. For that I am grateful and even though I might not say it as much as I ought to or think about it as often as I should, when I do, the love and grace of our Lord, Jesus Christ overwhelms me and fills my heart. I am humbled in His presence and He embraces me in His always open, always present, and always loving arms.

So now just as I started this new blog, and on my way to starting a new chapter in my life, I have also started fresh once more in my ever-changing blank slate that Christ so gracefully allows me. Thank you Lord for your forgiveness and your mercy, thank you for never giving up on me, and thank you for your unconditional  love. 

I pray that with this new blank slate I start here, I will fill it will pages that will glorify His name and that it will always remind me of the blank slate He continually gives to me. I hope my random ramblings also help all of you remember the new page Christ can give you as well. Thank you and enjoy!

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment